Teenage Love - A Parent's Dilemma

watch_later
Assalamualaikum dan salam 1 ummah :)

Mari kita layan sastera Inggeris yang penuh dengan nasihat.

For 18 years she was the apple of my eyes
But I was in for a surprise
As she got to know a boy
A sudden change and she wasn’t coy

Ah! She said I don’t understand
She has to have a friend
She has grown
And I am about to be overthrown

Overthrown by a boy – her first love
I was sad not so much as she was in love
Love is natural
But she is still my 'baby girl'

All I asked from her is to consider
- The danger as he is after all “a stranger”
Study comes first and when you are really ready
Go ahead find a friend - a steady

Study and Steady? - She replied she could juggle
But I am not willing to take that gamble
As I have known cases – love interrupts
Study, family and all love disrupts

For a teenager, being in love is everything
As a father it kept me thinking!
Am I doing the wrong thing?
Love I am not curbing

It is just the timing
Priority is the thing
All I think was for her own good
But sad to say she misunderstood

Yet again there’s another matter
It makes me shatter
In choosing a friend or life partner
Rasulullah (saw) has mentioned the manner

In all, Religion is the foundation
Property, beauty, wealth are just for a short duration
Has she forgotten what she learnt?
Just for the sake of love – she’ll get burnt

A parent can do so much
A prayer and a hope to Allah, in this state as such
That our baby girl realizes her mistake
As her future is at stake

kredit: http://www.islamicpoem.com/?q=node/5326



sentiment_satisfied Emoticon